9 reasons to visit Goomeri Pumpkin Festival
- More than 3000 Pumpkins will be used for Goomeri Pumpkin Festival 21. Goomeri Pumpkin Festival celebrates all things pumpkins, it is one of the biggest pumpkin festivals in Australia and one of the quirkiest festivals in the world.
- A street parade which attracts 15,000 people. Roaming entertainers, street artists, business and organisations everyone is a part of the street parade. You do not want to miss the atmosphere, it is electric and colourful.
- A festival dedicated to Pumpkins will also showcase 100s of performers and entertainers, artists, cooking shows with celebrated Chefs and wearable arts. What about a helicopter ride to see the festival from a bird’s eye perspective.
- Pumpkin games for adults and children will keep revellers entertained throughout the festival. This year Goomeri Pumpkin Festival rebranded all the games under one banner “The Goomeri Pumpkin Olympics ” which will offer all kinds of pumpkin related fun games.
- Reconnect with the history – Goomeri has a colourful history with early Dairy and Timber industry and the festival gives the opportunity to the visitors to explore the earliest history of Queensland. Goomeri had one of earliest cinemascope theatres in Australia in the Hall of Memory, which will be open to the public for various events throughout the festival.
- Feel and enjoy the country hospitality. A small town with a population of 650 welcomes 20,000 people with open arms. The love is infectious and something to take home as a souvenir.
- The Great Australian Pumpkin Roll Crème de la crème of the festival will see Thousands of people at the top of Policeman’s Hill rolling down pumpkins.
- A unique camping experience with local food and wine tours within close proximity of festival venues.
- The people – Everyone is fascinated and driven by something a little different and building excitement is just amazing as they all come together to celebrate pumpkins, eat and shop local from 100s of stall holders and food vans , listen to some music and see the wacky costumes.
Celebrating its 25 years the festival will showcase three days of fun, laughter and excitement. Programme of the events are available on their website and facebook page.